Membership and Outreach Charter
The Membership and Outreach Committee assists the Session and members of the High Mountain Presbyterian Church in creating a ministry where praise and worship are central, where members minister to and nurture each other in daily living, sharing joy and sorrow, and support in times of stress and need.
Reaching out to the communities served by our congregation we are here to proclaim the Good News that God loves us all. We strive to stimulate the spiritual enrichment and involvement of current and future members through participation in worship, church leadership, concerts and social and fundraising events.
In order to facilitate this ongoing process, the Membership and Outreach Committee:
1. Greets members, welcomes and orients visitors, makes informational welcome bags available to visitors, arranges for ushers and readers and hospitality.
2. Publicizes the activities and outreach of our church to those in the communities we serve.
3. Facilitates communication with members and friends of PCFL through organizing calling lists (for special events and emergencies), church directories, and visiting those with particular needs.
4. Supports and encourages inquirers and new members in their faith journeys.
5. Encourages the participation of all members and friends of PCFL in our various missions and ministries within and outside the church.
6. Organizes and arranges for refreshments for special events such as the annual meeting of the church and the church picnic.
7. Provides special nurture to members and friends in times of transition and special need. One form this takes is the delivery of meals to families.